Anti Snoring Devices may be compensated through the links in the post below, but the opinions are our own.
This product review was uptated on December 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Some useful pieces of information
- 3 Why is it different from other MADs?
- 4 Does it work for everyone?
- 5 Testing Process
- 6 What About the Price?
- 7 What About the Company?
- 8 FDA REGULATION
- 9 Pros and Cons
- 10 Pros:
- 11 Cons:
- 12 Conclusion
- 13 What Should I Do?
- 14 Rating
I have tried several anti-snoring products and I have tried a great quantity of mouth pieces. From all these products, ZQuiet is my favorite choice.
To be honest with you, every product that I have tried resulted in reducing or stopping snoring, but this product is different from the rest because of its conformability and usability.
Its design is unique in the market; it is absolutely comfortable and effective. Below you will find the full review about this product, however, do not forget that this is only my opinion based on my personal experience. This product worked with me, but it does not mean it will be as effective with you. As you know, we are all different and factors causing snoring are different too.
Some useful pieces of information
ZQuiet is a Mandibular Advance Device (MAD),these kinds of devices are designed to pull your lower jaw forward. By doing this, the airway is free of any obstruction. This is also a good way to keep your muscles tensioned, as when we fall sleep, muscles relax and collapse. When this happens, a vibration produced by the soft palate and uvula against the tissues of your throat produce snoring sounds.
ZQuiet was designed in order to hold forward your lower jaw, this means that your airway will stay free al night preventing snoring sounds. And itiss not only about snoring, you will be properly oxygenated too.
This product is free of latex and free of BPA, which are very dangerous materials to put into your mouth, BPA enters to your system and affects your health, so avoid any kind of product made of this material. Being a latex-free product allows people allergic to latex to use it without any risk. ZQuiet is made from thermoplastic elastomer. It feels really soft in your mouth and it is also very comfortable.
Why is it different from other MADs?
If you have tried various mouth pieces already, you know that most of them use the boil and bite technique in order to be molded. This technique allows an excellent custom fit. Most of the times, mouth pieces that use this technique end up becoming an uncomfortable hard piece to be inserted in your mouth that will not allow you to make any kind of mandibular movement.
ZQuiet uses Living Hinge Technology. This is the main feature that makes this product different from any other. This special characteristic allows mouth movement, so you will be able to talk, or sip water whenever you need. There is no need of taking it out during the night and you will not feel any kind of discomfort while using it.
This spectacular technology will also allow you to breathe better. Most mouth pieces cannot be used by mouth breathers, but this product is suitable for almost anybody. You will be able to properly inhale oxygen through your mouth. And there is more, it even has air posts in the front that will allow you to keep your mouth open while you are sleeping thus ensuring a proper oxygen supply.
Does it work for everyone?
There are a lot of people that do not trust mouth pieces,most of them cannot make a connection about their lower jaw, the airway and snoring.
For those that doubt the effectiveness of this kind of products I propose you to do a simple and quick test in order to see if mouth pieces will help you with your snoring issues. If you pass this simple test you will be suitable candidate for using this product. It will only take you 30 seconds, you only have to snore:
- Step one: Close your mouth naturally. Now bite so that your jawline comes together. Remember to do it naturally, do not force it.
- Step two: Now you will have to make snoring sounds. To do it properly it is necessary that you use the rear part of your throat and your nasal passage. Breathe while trying to snore and do not forget to keep your mouth closed. You will actually hear yourself snoring, or making pig noises, which is almost the same thing.
- Step three: Reposition your lower jaw forward and slightly upwards. you can use your hands if you cannot do it without help, your hand will be acting like a mouth piece. Make the snoring sounds again. It is difficult, isn’t’ it? Well, pull your jaw even forward and you will hear no pig grunt at all. You will find an exact point where no matter your efforts, you will not be able to snore.
- If this did not worked out for you do not worry! It only means that you are a suitable candidate for other kind of products, you can check out my review on Good Morning Snore Solution (GMSS), a tongue retainer device.
I strongly recommend that for testing any kind of product you have to give it trial period from seven to fourteen days in order to see if it actually works. As most anti-snoring products are placed around or inside the moth area, your body will need a time in order to get used to a new product. I have tried ZQuiet for two weeks but I fell in love with it the first time I used it.
I have never used a product right after opening the package before, I am used to mouth pieces that use the boil and bite method, so I was very intrigued. To tell you the truth, I thought that this product was going to be very uncomfortable because I would not be able to do a custom fit. But I was absolutely wrong.
To my surprise, I received ZQuiet really fast after ordering it online. It only took it a few days to arrive. I opened the package and I did not like what I saw. It was too thin. While I was unpacking it, all I could think of was how disappointed I was because there was no way something that slim would properly hold my jaw.
I examined it and then I washed it using dish soap and hot water, it felt softer. Then I stored it to use it at night. When I had a little time I read the manual and I was surprised to find out that ZQuiet can be trimmed using regular scissors if necessary. I went to get the mouth piece again and placed it inside my mouth to see if it was maybe too big but it fitted perfectly. I decided to leave it there a couple of minutes to check the drooling effect, and I definitely drooled, which is ok because I always drool when trying new mouth pieces. As I said before, you have to give your body a time for adaptation.
When I went to bed that night using my ZQuiet, my experiment was to try if I could really move my mouth, and I could! I was able to sip water and talk a bit.
I have not experienced elbows crashing my ribs during my first night using ZQuiet, so I know it worked. I slept safe and sound all night.
When I woke up I removed it from my mouth and my jaw was sore. Every time I use a new mouth piece my jaw hurts, it only last a couple of days. I was surprised such a thin product was the responsible of this pain, I did not have faith in this product and now it just amazed me.
I barely drooled during the second night and my jaw was getting used to it. No elbows detected either, so effectiveness and comfort were proven in only two nights.
From night number four, soreness was gone for good and so were my drooling issues. I wore ZQuiet without any efforts and I did not snore at all during the two weeks I was testing it.
What About the Price?
You can order for only $70. It is quiet cheaper than other products with this excellent quality but there is more, there is no need to pay for it in advance as it offers a 30 days trial period.
However, you do have to pay for shipping and handling, that is around $9.99. After a few days you will receive your product and you will be able to try it for a period of 30 days. If you test it for a whole month and you are still not happy with the results, you can return it and there will be no charges on your credit card. If you like it, then you will not need to do anything else.
After the trial period, your credit card will be charged the total price of ZQuiet, which is 70. You will only spend $90 in the product including the shipping, if you see my other reviews you will find out that it is way cheaper than any other product with such an advanced technology.
What About the Company?
The designers of ZQuiet are Dan and Katrina Webster. They both were snorers and they had been developing ideas to design this product since 2008. They decided to start a company, Sleeping Well, LLC, which was registered in Vermont that same year.
As a new company with no reputation it was hard to begin to produce, so they invited Avery Liberman DDS to their team. Liberman has been in the sleep medicine industry for more than two decades, so he was perfect to provide new ideas to the team. The three of them focused on sleep apnea, snoring and oral devices.
The product is manufactured in the USA and the company Well Sleep LLC owns credentials issued by the Better Business Bureau.
ZQuiet was cleared by The Food and Drug Administration of the USA, this means that the FDA has review and approved this product to be in the market. Its certification will not only offer you peace of mind, it guarantees you will be using a good product.
By getting this label, ZQuiet is considered effective in snoring control by the FDA. Guidelines of the product were sent to the FDA and they decidedit is effective by comparing it to other products that are already in the market.
FDA means peace of mind because they are in charge to protect citizens, so by buying a FDA REGULATION product, you know you will not be scammed.
Not all the anti-snoring products have this valuable certification, so be careful when choosing mouth pieces. I also recommend you to read labels thoroughly, I found many products in the market with the FDA REGULATION label but in fact, they were only talking about the material used for producing the product and not the product itself.
Pros and Cons
I personally found ZQuiet as one of the best products I have tried, but as we are not all the same person, I made a neutral list with advantages and disadvantages which is worth to read if you are considering buyingZQuiet.
- It uses Living Hinge Technology. This is great because this is what will allow mouth movement while using it.
- It has airflow posts. This is really important because it will allow the correct administration of oxygen through your mouth.
- It is a FDA REGULATION product.
- It offers a 30 days trial period. There is no need for you to pay for it in advance, you can actually try it and then decide if you want to buy it.
- A well-known sleep specialist helped with the design.
- It is made in the USA by an American company.
- It is really soft, so it will feel very comfortable inside your mouth.
- BPA and Latex free. This makes this product really safe.
- It can be personalized by using scissors.
- No previous process needed in order to be used. You only have to unpack it.
- It has a really long lifespan thanks to its simple design.
- Its simple design also makes this product very easy to clean, as there are no nooks whatsoever.
- It is an international product, so you can order it from other countries such as Canada, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, among others.
- ZQuiet is fine to use with partial dentures or caps and crowns that are firmly in place.
- It is not custom-made. It fits perfectly in my mouth but it does not mean that it will fit perfectly in your mouth too.
- The first days of use it will make you drool. Soreness and drooling are totally common experiences when using MADs anyway.
- If you decide to return the product, shipping will not be refunded.
There are thousands of Mandibular Advancement Devices in the anti-snoring industry, and I have tried quite a few. ZQuiet has undoubtedly won its place among the best ones. The best one if you ask me. Every MAD has a feature that makes them unique, you will choose your favorite one according to your own interests.
My experience using ZQuiet was great. It felt really comfortable in my mouth and I was fascinated by the ready to use feature. Boil and bite method is really simple and fast, but still, you have to do it. You can use ZQuiet right after getting it out of its box.
I was also fascinated by the allowance of mouth movement. I mean, it is the first time in my life I am finally able to sip water or answer my loved one while I am using it. This is a feature you will not find in any other MAD. The softness of its material is really great too.
The trial period is awesome because you will feel free to test it and to return it. Guarantees are ok, but sometimes it takes a lot of effort and time to get your money back if you did not like the product. With ZQuiet, you will not have to worry about that.
What Should I Do?
If you passed the test for using MADs (you will find it in this article) then go ahead and try it. It will solve your snoring issues and it is at a really fair price. You know better than anyone which product will work for you, so do what you believe it will be best for you!