This product review was uptated on July 2018
Table of Contents
SnoreRX is a mouth piece which is made from copolymer, adurable material and it usse the boil and bite method, which allows a customized fit. I personally believe that is one of the greatest products created to help people with snoring issues.
It is a Mandibular Advancement Device, so, as any other MAD, it will stop snoring sounds by holding your jaw into a forward position. However, it is not like any other MAD because it owns some uniquefeatures that make it different from the rest.
The creator of SnoreRX is Jim Fallon, an American neuroscientist. He founded the Apnea Science Corporation and reunited a firm made out of engineers from his local areas just to help him to design this product. He also reunited with a local manufacturer that now produces SnoreREX. This mouth piece has become so popular that now it can be purchased in 39 different countries.
He also hired a FDA consultant to help him with the design of this product, which secured SnoreRX with the FDA-approval. In a very small period of time, the product was bought by thousands of people and the Apnea Science Corporation became a well-known and rich company.
One of the best anti-snoring products
I am not overstating it. Below you will find why it is among the best mouth pieces I have tried.
- It has a calibrator. Yes, you can actually adjust the positioning of your jaw. This unique feature that allows you to adjust it for your own comfort. This is obviously very important to stop snoring, I mean there is no way it does not work. Most MADs do not own a calibrator, so they just hold your jaw at a stationary point, with SnoreRXyou will be able to adjust it either forward or backwards. It is really significant and revolutionary. You will feel it really confortable inside your mouth, and the effectiveness is of course much superior than any regular MAD.
- It is made of a really advanced compound, so it can actually be formed inside your mouth. I know it sounds complicated but it is actually very simple. After molding it, you will be using a soft mouthpiece that will stay in its place all night.
- It offers a 30 days guarantee. Obviously, you have to try it to see if you do not like it, so it would be already molded by the time you ask for your full refund. This is totally ok because you can return SnoreRX after being molded. But let me tell you, after molding it and putting it inside your mouth, you will not want to return SnoreRX back! Do no open the package and put it directly inside your mouth as you will find it uncomfortable. The molding feature is what makes this product great, use it!
- Its lifespan is absolutely long. It was proven to last over 15 months. Most mouth pieces only last a period of 4 to 6 months, so its lifespan also makes it a very valuable product. The material used to produce it is called medical grade copolymer, a very durable material. You will not have the need to replace it every a few months.
- If you suffer from Temporomandibular joint disorder, you will not have any problem using SnoreRX. When using it you will not feel any jaw pain, remember that is not a common mouth piece. You can actually calibrate the positioning by making 1 millimeter backward and forward adjustments. This is a unique product that offers Micro Fit, so it is actually directed to everyone.
- You can get it anywhere. Not many anti-snoring products has gained this global popularity, a lot of people from around the world choose it every day.
Is it the best anti-snoring product?
Well, to tell you the truth it is among my top 3 choices, but this is actually pretty good. I have tested hundreds of different products and let me tell you than making a top 3 was not difficult at all. I really do like this device and I had the most positive experience using it, it is just that there are two other products than surpassed my own expectative. In case you are curious, I will leave a brief review about my top 2 below:
N#1 – Good Morning Snore Solutions (also referred to as GMMS): Personally, It is the most comfortable and safest product that is currently in the market. It is not exactly a Mandibular Advancement Device, it is more like a Tongue Stabilizing Device (TDS), so it basically holds your tongue slightly forward unblocking the entrance of air through the airway. It is not placed inside your mouth but between your teeth and lips and it has a little bulb that suctions your tongue. It is also great for people with Temporomandibular joint disorder and people using dentures, bridgeworks, etc.
N#2 – ZQuiet: This is also a very unique product. As SnoreRX it does not hold your mouth stationary, but it uses a different method to achieve adjustment, called Living Hinge Technology. This means that you will be able to move your jaw while wearing it. Yes, you can sip water and even talk. As it allows mouth movement, no soreness is associated with this device.
You can use it right after getting it out of the box, no previous process is actually needed. Another great feature is that is has little airflow posts which allow the correct entrance of oxygen while you are sleeping.
I know that the boil and bite method might sound a little scary, but achieving a perfect custom fit in the comfort of your home is really simple and safe.
All you need in the fitting process is: a small pot, a bowl, a mug, tongs and a timer (or a clock, or your phone). Then:
- Put some cold water and ice into a bowl. Save for later.
- Boil water in the small pot. Remove it from fire, and drop SnoreRX for ONLY 1 MINUTE.
- Remove it from the hot water using tongs or a spatula.
- Quickly dry SnoreRX with paper towel and bite it down immediately for 30 seconds (Just for your information, this product does not retain heat, so you will not burn your mouth)
- Remove it from your mouth and put it the bowl with cold water and ice for ONLY 1 MINUTE.
- Set the lower jaw piece and adjust it in the position you find more comfortable.
I found the custom fitting process really simple. I achieve a personal fitting at the first attempt and it took me only 5 minutes. You can try the steps above 2 more times anyway, so do not be scared.
You have 3 chances to make your custom fit, then, heating and cooling the device may cause a weakening of the material and it will become useless.
When buying any mouth piece you should test it for at least 7 days in a row to make a final conclusion. Your body needs time in order to get used to new devices, so take your time to test it and adjust it.
Right after receiving SnoreRX I opened it and molded it. Then I adjusted the lower jaw piece at 5 millimeters. When it was time to go to bed the mouth piece was ready to use.It always happens to me that I drool a little when I am first using a new mouth piece. It also happened to me with SnoreRX, but by day 3 I did not drool at all.
I fell asleep quite quickly and did not wake up during the night. SnoreRX was still in my mouth and it actually felt very comfortable.
I did not feel elbows pushing me, so the results were pretty good. The only thing I have to say about my first night using SnoreRX is that I think I went too far adjusting it. 5 millimeters were just too much. When I woke up the soreness on my jaw was extreme. It was my fault anyway.
The second night was good as the first one and I woke up felling absolutely better. I adjusted at 4 millimeters and I only experience normal sore. Yes, 1 millimeter makes a huge difference so be careful when calibrating it. So, night 2, no snoring sounds and almost no pain at all.
Night 3 was far better than night 2. No elbows waking me up and no pain whatsoever. It became virtually part of my daily routine very fast. The entire week using SnoreRX was excellent.
Does it work for everyone?
I am sure you will love SnoreRX, it is actually awesome and there is nothinglike it in the market. If you never used a mouth piece before, you can do an easy test to see if mouth pieces will help you to stop snoring. As I always say, there are multiple factors that may cause snoring and there is a right product for everyone, so what works totally fine with me might not work with you.
The test is simple, you just have to close your mouth and bite, naturally. Then, start to breathe normally but creating a snoring sound using the rear of your throat and your nasal passage. It is very easy to do, you should probably sound like pig grunting. Now, with help of your hands move your jaw forward and a little bit upward. If you cannot do this snoring sound, then you are suitable candidate to wear any mouth piece you like.
Pros and Cons
I personally found SnoreRX very comfortable. It was easy to use and highly effective. However, there are always advantages and disadvantages in this kind of products. Before making a decision, take a look to the lists that you will find below and take your time to analyze them.
- It is made out from durable medical grade and it does not have any kind of acrylics or BPA.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration cleared this product.
- You can calibrate the lower jaw by making adjustments of only 1 millimeter.
- Your settings can be locked. There no way it will calibrate by itself.
- You can see the settings you established by only looking at the calibrator.
- It has a big hole in the center that will allow you to breathe through your mouth.
- It has an incredible long lifespan, from 12 to 15 months.
- Unlike other mouth pieces, you will be able to make small lateral movements with your jaw.
- You have 30 days to test it, if you do not like it, you can ask for a full refund.
- It is not that inexpensive but is way much less expensive than any prescription mouth piece.
- It has a license to be sold globally, so it is pretty much available everywhere.
- It does not have screws, springs or anything of that matter. You will not break it or lose its pieces.
- It has a certification issued by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- I would not recommend its use for people that use dentures, crowns, caps or bridgework. You can look my review on GMSS, it is a product that is not meant to be placed inside your mouth so you will be able to use it.
- You may experience pain in your lower jaw. But this is only until you get used to the new mouth piece, it will last only for the first days.
- You might also drool until you get used to it.
This product is a bit more expensive than any regular MAD, but still it is cheaper than a prescribed MAD and it offers you extra features. You also get great discounts if you decide to buy more than one.
- One SnoreRX for only $99
- Two SnoreRX for only $154
- Three SnoreRX for only $199
The package includes a carrying case. You have several shipping options but the average shipping is about $10. I ordered one and my total charge was $112, you will also have to pay a Medical Device Excise Tax which is charged by the manufacturer.
Remember that this product is backed up with a 30 days guarantee. Do not worry if you have used it for a whole week and still you want to return it, if you go to the official website you will see how they encourage to try it fairly before making your conclusion.
Discount Code: “NEWYEAR14”
By using this discount code you will get a 15% discount.
I have read several reviews and watched a lot of videos regarding this product and I always found positive reviews, even the comment section was flooded with positive comments. In general, users foundSnoreRX comfortable and effective.
However there are a few complaints, not on the product itself but on shipping and handling. There are some users that have reported having received their product late at night. The average of this kind of complain is low anyway, let’s say 10 out of 100, but I felt I should mention it just in case. You can also find complaints about soreness, but it is totally common to me, if you get a new mouth piece you have to give some time to the muscles in your jaw to get used to it. Soreness fades within a couple of days.
It has a unique and advance design and it is highly effective. I personally think that the price is fair because it has a lot of features that ordinary mouth pieces do not own.
The custom fitting is also a great advantage, you will feel as you a have bought a prescribed mouth piece for a much less amount of money.
Let’s not forget about its lifespan that goes from 12 to 15 months. There are not so durable MADs in the market yet so this feature makes this product really unique.
Have in mind that it was not designed by doctors or dentists but by a group of engineers and a neuroscientist.
To tell you the truth I am quite impressed with this product. Its quality and effectiveness is undeniable. It fits just great into your mouth and the fitting process is very simple. I also like the fact of not using any special tool to adjust it.
Disadvantages are really nothing compared to advantages. I strongly recommend SnoreRX if you are looking for a comfortable, durable and adjustable mouth piece.
What Should I Do?
You are the only one that can answer that kind of question. There is an easy test you can do before buying it to see if a mouth piece is the right solution for you. If it is and you can afford it, you will only be benefited from this awesome product.