This product review was uptated on September 2018
Table of Contents
Well, Good Morning Snore Solution is quite different from the other productsthat are currently in the market, believe me, there is not an existing mandibular advancement device similar like this one. By just looking at it you will know what I am talking about.
When you first look at it, its appearance will not be as anything you have already seen. You will ask yourself how it is supposed to work. You do not have to place inside your mouth like most common mouth pieces, Good Morning Snore Solution (GMSS) is not supposed to hold your lower jaw forward and it does not require any special fitting. It sounds complicated, doesn’t it? But it is actually very simple to be placed.
Mandibular advancement devices (MAD) are designed so that heavy snorers have the power to control their snoring. There are a lot of models in the market, but they are all pretty much the same. GMSS looks like a MAD but its purpose is totally different. It really is kind of a tongue retaining device (TRD) that is something that you do not see everywhere.
After purchasing it, even after reading the manufacturer explanations to use it properly you will probably feel a bit confused, so this review aims to help you to use this productand to get further information about snoring itself.
Airway: Short Introduction
If you want to fully understand how this mouth piece works, I think it will be better for you to be informed on the connection there exists between snoring and your airway. First of all, you should know that when you fall sleep, every single muscle of your body relaxes.
You airway also have muscles, this means that when you fall sleep, muscles of your airway relax too. When this happens, gravity pulls them toward the opening of your throat causing a partial blockage.
There are times that the narrowing is so deep that it fully blocks the entrance of oxygen for a few seconds, this condition is known as sleep apnea. It is a very dangerous condition, so it needs to be diagnosed and treated by a specialized doctor immediately after perceiving it.
Some people may suffer from a vibration between the loose tissue in this narrowed area caused by each exhalation and inhalation. This is one of the commonest causes of the snoring sounds.
You probably have looked for all the possible causes that make you snore and although it is a very common condition, some people snore and some people donot, and snoring does not allow you to rest properly. Generally, the uvula and the area which is behind the tongue are the causes of snoring but there are actually various factors that may cause snoring. Below, you will find the most common reasons why some people are affected by this condition:
- Genetics: Yes, blame it on your genes. Maybe one of both of your parents passed some features that may cause snoring. Maybe is only the size of your airway or maybe you have an overbite.
- Overweight: This is also a common cause of snoring. Being overweight may lead you to suffer from a lot of different medical conditions. The fat around your neck block your airway when you lie down causing a partial collapse or even a total collapse. You can prevent full collapses learning how to properly position your head.
- Medicationand alcohol: Some drugs tend to help your muscles to relax even more allowing the tissues of your nose to fall closer. This causes a vibration that is perceived as a snoring sound. There is medication that promotes heavier sleep slate, which will absolutely worsen the snoring condition.
How Does It Work?
Ok, for those who do not know, MADs are clinically proven to effectively stop snoring. Besides MADs, there are other mouth pieces that will help you to reduce snoring.
MADs hold your lower jaw or your mandible into a forward position in order to tighten the muscles that you have around your airway.
Good Morning Snore Solution is a tongue Retainer Device, it was designed to hold your tongue forward. This method offers a double solution because besides opening the airway, it prevents the tongue falling back towards the throat.
Effectiveness of GMSS will depend on your cause of snoring, that is why it is so important to get to know your cause of snoring, by detecting the cause, you will be able to choose the right product. In most people, the tongue plays a radical role regarding snoring, so it is probable that you are among the average snoring people.
In order to attach your tongue, GMSS has a bulb that you have to place between the inner lips and the outer teeth.
Holding the tongue forward will help the muscles of your airway to be stretched, tightening the tissue so as to stop vibrations that cause snoring.
There is no need of a custom fit because it will not be placed inside your mouth but you will probably need some time to get used to having something around your tongue.
In order to place it properly inside your mouth, you only need to follow five simple steps:
- You need to place the mouth piece between your lips and front teeth. The bulb needs to be outside your mouth.
- Squeeze the bulb using your fingers in order to eliminate remaining air.
- Insert your tongue inside the bulb.
- Slowly stop pressing the bulb with your fingers.
- Relax your tongue inside the bulb. The tip of your tongue will be like suctioned by the bulb in order to be held there all night.
What Does Success Rate Mean?
Generally, mouth pieces, which are created to stop snoring, are not clinically tested. Most anti-snoring products are tested independently by the manufacturers because clinical tests are highly expensive. But in 2008, the study performed by Dr. Leslie Dort, who is the creator of Good Morning Snore Solution, was published in the Journal of Sleep & Breathing.
This study shows that 70% of people participating in the test were affirmative about the effectiveness of TRD when used to stop snoring. Success rate is a ranking that compares MADs, which are considered to be the solely and truth solution to stop snoring.
Does It Work?
I made a little list containing some tips so that you can test if GMSS works for you before buying it:
- Snore as if you were sleeping.
- Try to make the same sound but holding the tip of your tongue and stretching it a bit.
- If the snoring sound is reduced, you just have found the perfect product to stop your snoring sounds.
I have bought Good Morning Snore Solution and tried it for several weeks in order to see if the product lost effectiveness when my body get used to it.
When I opened the package I found a Polident denture tablet. This was awesome because I was able to use right away. I dissolve the tablet in cold water and then put the GMMS piece in the water for about 10 minutes. Read the instructions carefully as it should not be handled using hot water.
My First Night WithGMMS
Before using the mouth piece I properly cleaned it and let it dry. Although it looks kind of big when I placed it in my mouth it fitted perfectly and I found it surprisingly confortable because the material is really soft. I squeezed the bulb, inserted my tongue and it was instantly pulled towards because of the suction. Remember to let out all the air out of the bulb to get the maximum suction, instructions are very simple and clear anyway.
If you also used a lot of different mouth pieces, maybe you also drool when becoming used to the new piece. I have not drooled at all in my first night using Good Morning Snore Solution, which is quite understandable because it not inside the mouth but between teeth and lips. It is really soft and confortable, you will be able to sleep all night without noticing it.
I slept normally all night and woke up the following day. When I removed the mouth piece of my mouth my tongue hurt a little. Well, if you have ever used a mouth piece you will remember jaw sores the first days, so I found this pain pretty much normal.
Of course I asked my loved one if snoring sounds were heard and to my surprise nobody heard a thing. So the first night of using GMSS was excellent. I have nothing to complain about.
My Second Night With GMMS
This time I did not remove all the air from the bulb so the suction would not be that strong. The mouthpiece was there the next morning, it did not fall, and when I removed it I barely feel anything in my tongue. Nobody heard me snoring either.
Soreness in my tongue was gone for good. I knew exactly how to use it and how to suction properly, the mouth piece did not fall and my tongue did not hurt. I cleaned it in a denture cleaner every morning and save it for later. Every day that went by I found it easier, more comfortable and more effective. So my personal experience was excellent.
Good Morning Snore Solution works. The material is really soft and it is antiallergenic. It feels really confortable inside the mouth despite its shape.
How Much Does It Cost?
Now you will be able to buy it through the manufacturer website for $99.94, you have several shipping prices and options, but all in all shipping is around $10-$30. The price is not that low but it is not that high either.
In case there are two people who snore in the house, GMSS offers a great discount. You can buy the family pack for only $169.94.
And there is more, Good Morning Snore Solution also offers a 45 days guarantee. So, if you buy it and after a trial period you are still not happy with the results, you can ask for a full money refund within the first 45 days after buying it.
When you ask for your refund you will have to return the product, so you will need to ask for a Return Authorization Number, always within the 45 days after the date of purchase. Once this simple process is started you will be able to get your refund.
- For people in the UK and Australia: “STOPSNORINGNOW15” for a15%
- For other countries: “gmss10off” for a 10% discount.
Do I need a prescription?
Well, this topic may be a little confusing, when you surf in the official manufacturer website you will probably find out that they say that they need a prescription. Actually, there is no need of a prescription. It is not placed inside your mouth, so there is no need of special fitting. And, when ordering Good Morning Snore Solution online they never ask for specific information about your dentinst’s contact info.
To make the story short, all tongue retaining devices are categorized as Class II Medical Devices by the FDA. And according to its regulations, all Class II Medical Devices need a prescription.
Nevertheless, you do not need one and it is not illegal. There is a kind of a loophole in the Federal Regulations Code and according to the adequate directions for use clause, you do not need a prescription to buy a mouth piece online.
Remember that if you have any doubt you can always ask your dentist or doctor. They will provide you with more information and they will advise you better.
Can I trust this company?
Dr. Leslie Dort is the founder of Good Morning Snore Solution and all her researchers were funded by the Alberta Research Foundation,which is a foundation that supports Medical Researches.
The device is manufactured byMpowrx Health and Wellness Products, Inc., which has an A-rating. You will find information about the company and the product such as mailing address, fax, phone and email address on the official websites of GMSS and Mpowrx.
Pros and Cons
- It was design by a dentist and it is manufactured by a A-rating company.
- It has a simple design. It is very easy to use and clean.
- It is very comfortable. It might take you some time to get used to it, but not more than one day or maybe two.
- It can be used by any person, even if you wear caps, crowns or denture. There is no need to bite anything, so there are no risks whatsoever.
- It was cleared by Canada’s Therapeutic Products Dictorate, The Australian Department of Health and Aging and the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- You do not need a customized fitting.
- It was clinically tested.
- It has been released in 2008, so it has a good reputation in the market.
- The company is approved to sell internationally.
- You can try it risk-free because it offers a generous money-back guarantee.
- It is BPA free. Some plastic products are made of BisphenolA (BPA) which is very dangerous because it can enter into your bloodstream and create various medical conditions. It is something very important to have in mind when wearing mouth pieces.
- It does not cause any kind of disorder in your jaws. If you suffer from TMJ, you can still use it because it will not worsen your condition. In fact, this is the only product suitable for those who have temporomandibular joint disorder because it will not be placed inside your mouth.
- It is not a one-time only product. It has an amazing long lifespan. People who have tried Good Morning Snore Solution stated that they have used it for a period from 12 to 18 months. Of course there are people that states that it lasts longer, but the average lifespan is of one year.
- It offers a great discount when buying the family pack. You can buy two if there are two snorers in the house or you can leave one in your significant other’shome .
- It does not need a customized fitting but you should ask your dentist just in case.
- You may feel soreness, especially the first days.
- If you are used to breathe through your mouth, this product is not for you. If you have allergies or a cold, I suggest you to use nasal strips or oils so you can breathe through your nose while you are sleeping.
Wherever you look for more information you will find only good reviews. Generally, users feel this product uncomfortable at first but they all get used to it. There are absolutely no bad comments to find in the internet about Good Morning Snore Solution.
This product is not connected with any specific problem. It is kind of a revolutionary product that has been in the market for a long time now, so its creditability is well known by snorers of the entire world.
It really cannot be categorized with the rest of mouth pieces which are in the market today. It is absolutely more effective and it has relatively no disadvantages when using it. It is made of antiallergenic materials and it feels very soft when you place it in your mouth.
I have really enjoyed my experienced using it. I have used different mouth pieces for years and when I first saw Good Morning Snore Solution I was not very happy with it, but after trying it, I can openly say that is one of the best products I have tested in years.
It had never fallen from inside my mouth, soreness was nothing compared to other mouth pieces and I barely drooled. I got to sleep safe and sound all night and nobody complained about my snoring sounds.
It is not only antiallergenic, it is also a BPA free product and it feels really soft against ones mouth. Steps to insert it are really easy to follow and place it in your mouth is really easy too. So it is effective and it is also safe. It has also been clinically tested and cleared by several organisms of different countries.
It may cost more than other mouth pieces, but have in mind that it is not actually a mouth piece, it is much more than that. It has a very long lifespan and its simple design is really comfortable. I personally thing that it is a product that is worth it to buy.
I suggest you to try Good Morning Snore Solution. There are no other similar products in the market that will offer you all of these advantages plus an extensive money-back guarantee.
What Should I Do?
There area lot of products in the market so you should sit and think about what you really want to get from them. You are the only person that truly knows what will be the best product for you to use, so take your time. If you decide to give Good Morning Snore Solution a try, remember that if you are not satisfied with the results you can always ask for your money back.
Do not be overwhelmed by all the sudden information, just make sure to make a decision you will not regret. This product has been in the market for years and it is likely to continue to do so. And remember that you can always check the official websites to get more information.